Search This Blog

Friday 21 September 2007

Introduction

As the colder autumn months draw closer, I thought it might be time to start a new hobby.

My first job after Uni was working on custom graphics cards (used in commercial and military simulators). This was back in the early '90s, but was a great introduction to low-level software development alongside some great hardware and software engineers. Since then I've been fascinated by hardware and software and built a career around it. Although for the last 10+ years I've been working in the computer/console games industry.

Every now and again I've looked around for off the shelf HW parts to piece together and make some form of robot that could also 'see'. The last few weeks have been fantastic, finding all sorts of evolved HW and SW.

It's finally time to start :)

No comments: